About the Show
It's the single funniest thing I have seen in ages. You're gonna love this show!
A fabulously funny parody.
Will tickle the funny bone of every age group.
The London Daily Telegraph
PLAYING TO SOLD OUT HOUSES all over the world, the Olivier Award nominated POTTED POTTER – The Unauthorized Harry Experience – A Parody by Dan and Jeff takes on the ultimate challenge of condensing all seven Harry Potter books (and a real life game of Quidditch) into seventy hilarious minutes. Even if you don’t know the difference between a horcrux and a Hufflepuff, POTTED POTTER will make you roar with laughter.
Created by two-time Olivier Award-nominated actors Daniel Clarkson and Jefferson Turner, Potted Potter is perfect for ages six to Dumbledore (who is very old indeed).
Blissfully funny, a winner in every way.
This show is a crowd-pleaser.
The London Guardian
Cleverly appeals to both ardent fans and parents.
The London Times
- Now Playing!Las Vegas, NVMagic Attic at Horseshoe Las VegasBUY TICKETS
- Jun 29 - Jul 09, 2023Dublin, Ireland3 OlympiaBUY TICKETS
- Jul 14 - 16, 2023Cork, IrelandEverymanBUY TICKETS
- Oct 23 - 26, 2023Medford, MAChevalier TheatreBUY TICKETS
- Oct 27 - 29, 2023Ledyard, CTFoxwoods CasinoBUY TICKETS
- ★★★★ A fabulously funny parody. Will tickle the funny bone of every age group. The London Daily TelegraphRead more
- ★★★★ Blissfully funny, a winner in every way. This show is a crowd-pleaser. The London GuardianRead more
- ★★★★ Cleverly appeals to both ardent fans and parents. The London TimesRead more
- ★★★★ Even the purest of Potter fans would find it hard to object. My Potter experts loved it. London Financial Times
- ★★★★ Gloriously irreverent. A very lovable romp through Rowling’s back catalogue. Time Out London – Critics’ ChoiceRead more
- ★★★★ The single funniest thing I’ve seen in ages. You’re gonna love this show. Toronto StarRead more
- You could do no better than to see Potted Potter. Toronto Globe & Mail
- The duo casts the perfect spell over the audience. The New York Times – Critics' PicksRead more
- ★★★★Its infectious pandemonium is sure to please. Truly magical. The Public Reviews
- ★★★★Deliberately daft but utterly delightful Sunday ExpressRead more
- Check out hundreds of guestbook archive posts via this link to our old site.
Dan and Jeff are asked to create a five-minute street show recapping the plot of the first five Potter books, for performance to queues of fans waiting for the midnight release of the sixth book.
Potted Potter is born as the street show expands into an hour-long performance in which the first six books are parodied. The show premieres on August 4 at Edinburgh’s Zoo Southside venue. Forging a partnership with producer James Seabright and director Dominic Knutton, Dan and Jeff premiere a new version of the show at Pleasance Islington in October.
Under the guidance of director Richard Hurst, the show tours the U.K. including Pleasance Edinburgh, where the seventh book is incorporated just a few days after its release. The tour finishes with a Christmas run at Trafalgar Studios in London.
More U.K. touring, again playing Edinburgh Fringe and London. Dan and Jeff also launch their second show, Potted Pirates.
Owing to their commitments as Children’s BBC presenters, Dan and Jeff hand over the show to a new cast, David Ahmad and John Helier, who take it on tour to Adelaide Fringe, Melbourne Comedy Festival, and New Zealand Comedy Festival. Dan and Jeff wrestle the show back from them for a third and final Christmas run at Trafalgar Studios.
The show takes a well-earned rest while Dan and Jeff create their new show, Potted Panto, premiering at the Edinburgh Fringe and transferring to the West End’s Vaudeville Theatre for Christmas, where it is nominated as Best Entertainment in the 2011 Olivier Awards.
Potted Potter returns for another tour, starting at Bury St. Edmunds Theatre Royal and including runs at Pleasance Grand and London’s Garrick Theatre.
Potted Potter is nominated for the Best Entertainment and Family Olivier Award and Potted Panto is nominated Best New Comedy in the Whatsonstage Awards. Potted Potter makes its North American premiere in Toronto at the Panasonic Theatre. Following Toronto, Potted Potter opens off-Broadway at New York City’s Little Shubert Theater, followed by eight weeks in Chicago. The show tours across Australasia and South Africa.
The show continues touring in the US and Canada, including a second season off-Broadway and a return season at London’s Garrick Theatre.
Following its Mexican premiere, the show plays its first tour of Ireland, prior to dates on board cruise ships and across Australasia later in the year, concluding with a second season at Toronto’s Panasonic Theatre. Meanwhile, Dan and Jeff created their fourth show, Potted Sherlock, which premiered at the Edinburgh Fringe and transferred to London’s West End for a Christmas season.
A new tour of the US ran throughout the year, concluding with concurrent Christmas seasons at Chicago’s Broadway Playhouse and San Francisco’s Palace of the Fine Arts.
Dan and Jeff began the year with a tour of Potted Sherlock in the USA, before Potted Potter hit the road with locations including the show’s first trip to Kuala Lumpur, a return visit to DUCTAC in Dubai, and an extensive, coast-to-coast tour of Canada in the Autumn, concluding with seasons in Vancouver and Toronto.